Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bell 429, Fairfax County PD, VA

Bell 429, Fairfax County PD, VA by pvera
Bell 429, Fairfax County PD, VA, a photo by pvera on Flickr.
This is one of the Bell 429s of the Fairfax County Police. I don't know if it was a combination of how quiet the day was, and the place I was standing at, but it was loud as hell. I lived right outside of a Navy base until I was 18, so I am damn well acquainted with the racket that the Huey makes. I also spent most of my military service stationed right outside of the fence of the biggest MedEvac helo field in Europe, and we had Blackhawks in and out 24 x 7.

Hueys are loud, Blackhawks you usually can't hear until they are almost on top of you. That 429? Sounded like a squadron of Hueys was circling me.

Sony NEX-C3, Mitakon Wide MC 2.8/28

No comments:

Post a Comment